Top 10 Country Songs To Celebrate Dad On Father’s Day
In 1972, Father’s Day officially became a holiday across the nation — nearly 60 years after Mother’s Day became an official holiday. Historically, women were economically dependent on men, and mother’s were expected to stay home and raise their children.
However, over the last 50 years, the amount of women entering the workforce has increased substantially, and as a result, many families are comprised of two working parents. It is because of this shift that more father’s have had a bigger role in their children’s lives. Today, most parents split the responsibilities of the children and household evenly.
Because dad has been such an important part of your life, here are 10 perfect country songs to show him just how much he means to you.
10. ‘He Didn’t Have To Be’ by Brad Paisley
9. ‘Daddy Dance With Me’ by Krystal Keith
8. ‘There Goes My Life’ by Kenny Chesney
7. ‘It Won’t Be Like This For Long’ by Darius Rucker
6. ‘My little Girl’ by Tim McGraw
5. ‘You’re Gonna Miss This’ by Trace Adkins
4. ‘Tough Little Boys’ by Gary Allen
3. ‘The Best Day’ by George Strait
2. ‘Family Man’ by Craig Campbell
1. ‘Butterfly Kisses’ by Bob Carlisle
- QC Writer, The New 103.7 Charlotte