New Hunter Hayes Album ‘Storyline’ to Be Released May 6
By Annie Reuter
Hunter Hayes has finally revealed details about his upcoming sophomore release. The followup to his platinum-selling debut album is titled Storyline, and it’s set to hit stores May 6.
On his debut album, Hayes played more than 30 instruments himself. This time, however, he’s taking a different approach. Storyline will include his touring band as guest musicians as well as steel guitar player Paul Franklin.
Fans can preview and preorder Storyline today on iTunes. A brand-new, high-energy song called “Wild Card” is also available for purchase, as is Hayes’ previously revealed single “Invisible.”
“I always write about something pretty personal, [but] this sets a new standard for me. I didn’t go in to write this song necessarily, I went in to write something else. [Songwriters] Bonnie Baker, Katrina Elam and I ended up writing about how we all, in different ways, can relate to the message of being an outcast, being misunderstood, being… essentially bullied. I say that very carefully because I know there’s a lot of people who go through that on a much larger scale. In whatever way I can relate to it, the song is about that. It’s about disappearing among the crowd, not having a place to fit in, being different you know? Being a music geek in high school, middle school, [and] now, I’ve just now gotten comfortable with the fact that I can call myself a geek and be proud of it.”
Hayes’ We’re Not Invisible Tour kicks off later this month and runs through May.
Hunter Hayes Storyline track listing:
1. Wild Card (Hayes/Laird/Dean)
2. Storyline (Hayes/Verges/Paslay)
3. Still Fallin (Hayes/Pierce)
4. Tattoo (Hayes/Verges/Dean)
5. Invisible (Hayes/Baker/Elam)
6. …interlude (Hayes/Baker/Elam/Dean/Buckmaster)
7. You Think You Know Somebody (Hayes/Ellis)
8. Flashlight (Hayes/Verges/Dean)
9. When Did You Stop Loving Me (Hayes/Ellis)
10. …like I was saying (jam) (Hayes/Ellis)
11. Secret Love (Hayes/Ellis)
12. Nothing Like Starting Over (Hayes/Verges/Sampson)
13. If It’s Just Me (Hayes/Baker/Elam)
14. Love Too Much (Hayes/Ellis)