I’m still new to this parenthood thing but I successfully made it through the first three months. I still vividly remember my first trip to Babies R’ Us. I left empty-handed and overwhelmed. There were way too many options. After that experience I asked a few of my mommy friends for a list of the items they loved. I used that to build my registry. Now that I’ve joined the motherhood club I figured I’d make my own list. Some of these are luxury items that aren’t necessary, but they did make our lives easier.
1. Chicco Keyfit 30 Car Seat (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18244686&cp=&parentPage=search)
2. Chicco Keyfit Caddy (makes getting out & about so easy! No, it won’t make it on your favorite off-road trails but it’s perfect for the grocery store & mall) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11820851&prodFindSrc=search&cp=
3. WubbaNub (stuffed animal attached to a pacifier, she likes playing with it as much as she likes the actual pacifier) http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=wubbanub&origkw=wubbanub&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1
4. Pampers Swaddlers (the yellow line let’s you know if it’s wet or dry without having to get in there. Gotta love that)
5. Boon Lawn Drying Rack (there are a lot of small parts that need to air dry & this will keep you from losing them) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12006426&prodFindSrc=search&cp=
7. Rock n’ Play Sleeper (not for sleeping overnight because it gives them a funky flat head shape, but good for naps and chillin’ time) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24124046&cp=&parentPage=search
8. Activity Gym (we hung extra toys and rings from it, this is the one we have http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3594395&cp=2255957.2273443.2255975.2256081&parentPage=family)
9. Aden & Anais swaddle blankets (we had 4 of these and that was plenty) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12274125&cp=&parentPage=search
10. Aden & Anais burpy bibs (These are far superior to the generic giant pack of burp cloths at Target & Babies R’us. They cost more but are totally worth it) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19668046&cp=&parentPage=search
11. Aden & Anais Easy Swaddle (Kerris sleeps in this. The snaps make it so she can’t get out. She was able to kick out of the swaddle blankets) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20890156&cp=&parentPage=search
12. Nosefrida (this is a MUST-HAVE) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?roductId=22402086&cp=&parentPage=search
13. Diaper Bag with attached changing pad (or a portable one to put in your diaper bag)
14. Bottles: Playtex Nurser w/Drop-Ins (my husband prefers the Medela bottles) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12123518&gcsct=0ChMIiMHApZiwvAIVkynmCh09QQAAEAI
15. Zip-up PJ’s: Snaps are awful. At 3am you don’t want to be messing with those. The first few weeks she lived in zippy sleepers like this: http://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-one-piece-sleep-and-play/886149631417.html#navID=header&start=20&cgid=carters-baby-girl-one-pieces
16. Zutano Booties – Socks don’t stay on their feet and they don’t need shoes. These booties never once came off her feet plus they’re warm and comfy: http://www.zutano.com/product/PFL/cozie-booties.html
And here are the items we don’t love:
MamaRoo – We were given the mamaRoo from someone who’s baby didn’t like it (it’s supposed to combine a bouncer & swing). Kerris didn’t love it either. When we were visiting family in WA we got to use the Fisher-Price Snugabunny swing and she LOVED that: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4360510
Sound Machine – We have the ‘Cloud B Sleep Sheep Sound Machine.’ We still haven’t used it. We may test it out once we move her out of our room.
Ear Thermometer – I spent extra to get the fancy digital ear thermometer and it doesn’t work at all. It’s too big for their ears and they squirm too much. The reading was always wrong (like way off!). The $8 thermometer that you can put in their booty or arm pit (my preference) works just fine http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18579026&cp=2255957.2273443.3598236.3426560.2256215&parentPage=family
Wipes Warmer – We have one. It works sporadically. She doesn’t mind the cold wipes. I wouldn’t buy one of these again.