Kris Valentine’s Top 10 Songs Of 2012
BUZ’N staff is counting down their top song picks of 2012. Here’s Kris’ picks:
Let me start off by telling you that picking just 10 songs was extremely difficult. I love country music and being asked to pick just 10 is like asking you to pick your favorite kid. The year 2012 was a great one for country music with a bunch of promising new faces and some great new music from the vets of Nashville. So here are my top 10!
10) ‘I Can Take It From There’ – Chris Young
- Yes the song is brand new, but I think it’s one of the catchiest songs I’ve ever heard from Chris. He says it’s not quite as “sexy” as “Getting You Home”, although I beg to differ.
9) ‘Kick It In The Sticks’ – Brantley Gilbert
- It surely wasn’t the biggest song of the year for Brantley, but it just kicks a**! Whenever I hear it I automatically crack up my radio as loud as my ears can’t stand. I’m definitely team Brantley!
8) ‘For You’ – Keith Urban
- If you haven’t seen the movie “Act of Valor” yet, go watch it! Great movie, great song and great guy! Keith is one of the nicest guys I have ever met, plus I like anything that supports our nation’s finest.
7) ‘Home’ – Dierks Bentley
- See #7 above! I think this could be one of the best videos of the year. Dierks is also one of the nicest and most humble guys you will ever meet.
6) ‘Pontoon’ – Little Big Town
- How could you not love this song living here in Minnesota! Let’s see, beer, boating, bikinis, and the lake … what’s not to love? This song will always remind me of summer in Minnesota.
5) ‘Hard To Love’ – Lee Brice
- I’ve been told by several people that this is the song that reminds them of me. Not sure that’s necessarily a good thing though. I promise I’ll try harder in 2013. Lee is on a roll and can’t wait to see what he has planned for us in 2013.
4) ‘The One That Got Away’ – Jake Owen
- Don’t lie; you have at least one person whose name pops into your head when you hear this song.
3) ‘Come Over’ – Kenny Chesney
- My favorite Kenny song is “Somewhere With You”, which means this is probably my second favorite ever by Kenny. It’s steamy, sexy and easy to listen to. Plus the video features Kenny shirtless, which I’m sure most ladies can appreciate (therefore it’s on my list). Ladies, you’re welcome!
2) ‘Every Storm’ (Runs Out Of Rain) – Gary Allan
- This could have easily been my #1 song. I absolutely love Gary Allan and what he represents. If you ever get a chance to see him live … do it!! He’s easily in my top 5 in terms of best concert EVER! I’m so happy he’s back with a new album (early in 2013) and can’t wait to see him at Country Jam in Eau Claire, Wis. this summer.
1) ‘Drunk On You’ – Luke Bryan
- How can you not love this song?!? Luke gets my vote for artist of the year after having a string of #1 hits. I expect an ever bigger year in 2013 from Luke, which I don’t think is even possible. Let’s pour a little crown in a Dixie cup and give it up for Luke!
Have a great 2013 everyone and thanks for making the switch to the New Buz’firstname.lastname@example.org!
Click here for the rest of the staff picks from TJ, Fish, Paul Koffy, and Shayne Wells.