Shayne Wells’ Top 10 Songs Of 2012
BUZ’N staff is counting down their top song picks of 2012. Here’s Shayne Wells’ picks:
1. ‘Blown Away’, Carrie Underwood
– She blew me away in concert, just flawless! This song blew me away as well.
2. ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’, Taylor Swift
– This song is fun! It’s the song I sing in the mirror while I get ready like I’m in concert.
3. ‘I Don’t Want This Night To End’, Luke Bryan
– It’s tough to pick a favorite Luke Bryan song, he’s had an incredible year, but this is the one that really stood out to me.
4. Goodbye in Her Eyes, Zac Brown Band
– The violins in this song are what did it for me. I am the type who really listens to a songs melody. I grew up dancing and when I listen to music I see the dance that would go with it. This song would make a great lyrical dance tune.
5. ‘Merry Go ‘Round’, Kacey Musgraves
– Despite how dark this jam is, it’s oh-so catchy and unique. Can’t wait for her next single.
6. ‘Wanted’, Hunter Hayes
– This one has special meaning because it will be the first dance at my May wedding.
7. ‘Safe & Sound’, Taylor Swift (feat. Civil Wars)
– Big ‘Hunger Games’ fan and this was the theme song. I think it’s dark and haunting and I love that it accompanied a fantastic movie.
8. ‘Time Is Love’, Josh Turner
– This is another jam that pleases me melodically. It’s one of the most-played jams on my iPod this year.
9. ‘Drink On It’, Blake Shelton
– It’s a good chillin’ song. Plus, you can really sing along to this one.
10. ‘Dancing Away With My Heart’, Lady Antebellum
– Love the words, the story, and I feel it when I hear it, like for real I want to start slow-dancing. It’s such a pretty song. Lady A can’t do wrong in my eyes.
Honorable Mention: Dirt Road Anthem, Jason Aldean — I’m aware this did not come out this year, but it is still one of my all-time favorite songs and will get a million plays on my iPod each and every summer.
Click here for the rest of the staff picks from TJ, Fish, Paul Koffy, and Kris Valentine.