April 22nd is Earth Day. This is a day to think about how you consume various things and how you affect Mother Earth. BUZ’N got some tips from consumer and money-saving expert, Andrea Woroch, on ideas of how you can save some green by going green.
- Reduce the amount of mail you get by signing up for the “no solicitation” registry.
- Shop online more to reduce your carbon footprint. According to a study conducted by Carnegie Melon’s Green Institute, online shopping has reduced carbon emissions by 35 percent.
- Exercise outside and avoid the gym because some exercise equipment uses a lot of energy. No gym fees!
- Close your blinds when it’s hot outside. That cuts energy costs and here in Minnesota the warm days are coming soon.
- Wash your clothes with cold water. Some clothes do recommend warm or hot water; but you can reduce heating bills and energy by using cold water. Your clothes will still be clean with using cold water.
(source: Andrea Woroch)