‘The Voice’ Season 2 Scores Big Ratings Following Super Bowl, Watch Performance Highlights Here
Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Lucy Hale Cancels Winter 2015 Tour Due to Vocal Cord Strain
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- Cole Swindell Says 2014 Is the Best Year of His Life
- Travis Tritt, Montgomery Gentry, and More Join Forces with Charlie Daniels Band for Volunteer Jam
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’
- It’s a Kacey Musgraves Winning Weekend
- 6 1/2 month old sings DECK THE HALLS! !!
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Top 14 New Artists Of 2014
- Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, ABBA Among 2015 GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inductees
- Trace Adkins Shooting Racing Film, Planning New Album in 2015
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- Interview: Dierks Bentley on Watching Audiences React to His Emotional Songs: ‘I Have to Close My Eyes’
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood to Headline Big Barrel Country Festival
- TJ’s Top 10 Country Concerts 2014