Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- ACMs Announce Star-Studded Collaborative Performances, Adds Performers, Presenters
- Brandy Clark On Women in Country Music: ‘We Don’t Fit the Formula’
- Hunter Hayes Releases Audacious New Music Video for ‘Yesterday’s Song’
- Luke Combs Preps Debut Album ‘This One’s For You’
- Sam Hunt Has New Priority and it’s Not Music
- Luke Combs Announces His Debut Album “This One’s For You”
- Watch: Justin Moore Tells A Guy “He’ll Beat The BLEEP Outta Him” After Hitting A Girl
- Watch Eric Church Cover Pearl Jam’s ‘Better Man’ in Concert
- Little Big Town’s Kimberly Schlapman Says ‘We Went to the Beach’ ‘Brings Tears to My Eyes’
- Win Passes to Tree Town Music Festival!
- Win A Subway Party Platter
- Minnesota’s New Country!
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Release New Duet ‘Speak to a Girl’
- Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit Release New Track ‘Hope the High Road’
- Chainsmokers, Keith Urban, Aerosmith to Play NCAA March Madness Music Festival