Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Win A Trip To See Jason Aldean Headline CBS Radio’s Annual Stars and Strings Concert
- Cash & Country
- Win a CRAVE Gift Certificate!
- Win Tickets to ValleyScare!
- Taylor Swift was ‘Distressed’ and ‘Violated’ by Alleged Groping
- Garth Brooks Giant Box Set Features Previously Unreleased Songs
- Taylor Swift’s Cat is Keeping Her Awake
- Carrie Underwood Opens Up about Having More Kids
- Miranda Lambert Shares ‘Weight of These Wings’ Lyrics
- Jordan Rager Announces ‘Southern Boy’ EP
- Photos: #BUZNBreakingNow October Concert
- Jason Aldean is Ready for Halloween
- Weird Al Moderates Presidential Debate on ‘Bad Hombres, Nasty Women’
- Photos: #BUZNBreakingNow October Meet & Greet
- Luke Bryan and Chris Stapleton Added to 2017 Tortuga Festival Lineup