Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Win BUZ’N Half DUZ’N Tickets!
- Guy Dumps Girl, Girl Fills Ex-Boyfriends Hot Tub With Fish
- BUZ’N Half DUZ’N Text-To-Win on the :10s All Weekend!
- Charles Kelley and Wife Welcome Baby Boy
- Top Instagram Posts from the CRS New Faces Showcase
- Kip Moore Had To Cut His Hair Because Of A Gash On His Head
- Burger King Is Now Adding Hot Dogs To Their Menu
- Here’s How To Make Roses Out Of Doritos!
- Randy Travis Performs Publicly for First Time Since Stroke
- Miranda Lambert’s MuttNation Donates $175,000 to Animal Shelters
- Why Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ Should Win the Album of the Year GRAMMY
- Watch: Thomas Rhett Performs “Die A Happy Man” On Jimmy Fallon
- Watch: Chris Young And Cassadee Pope Perform Acoustic Version Of “Think Of You”
- Little Big Town’s ‘Girl Crush’ – Behind the Song
- Nominate a Cancer Survivor to Meet Jason Aldean