Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Win Tickets To See Luke Bryan!
- Florida Georgia Line Detail New Album ‘Dig Your Roots’
- Steven Tyler Shares ‘We’re All Somebody From Somewhere,’ Talks Sexy Country Roots
- This is Not Tom Hiddleston Talking About Taylor Swift
- Watch: Luke Bryan Slides Down An Inflatable Slide Into A Lake
- Blake Shelton Text-To-Win on the :10s All Weekend!
- Mark Down These Dates: Minnesota Wild 2016-17 Season Schedule
- Watch: Sam Hunt Covers Merle Haggard, Maren Morris, Cole Swindell And Others
- Burger King Just Changed The Fast Food Game
- Brett Eldredge Releases ‘Wanna Be That Song’ Video
- A Guy Does Something Good, And Then Gets A Bill From The City
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith Farewell Tour
- Watch: Big And Rich Sang With DNCE For ‘Cake By The Ocean’
- Luke Bryan Announces When His Farm Tour EP Will Be Out!
- Watch: Brett Eldredge Filmed His Video “Wanna Be That Song” At Wrigley Field