Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Win A 4 Pack Of Tickets To Country 4 A Cause
- Chris Young Shares New Track ‘Holiday’
- College Kid Asks Twitter To Send Him Drinks To The Bar For His Birthday…Strangers Helped In Their Own Unique Way
- Shania Twain Shares Photos From New Movie ‘Trading Paint’
- Thomas Rhett Hangs Out with Bruno Mars
- Thomas Rhett Finally Met One Of His Idols
- These 11 Things Will Always Make Minnesotans Think Of Home
- Midland Debut ‘Make a Little’ Music Video
- Eddie Montgomery Makes First Statement After Troy Gentry’s Death
- Meghan Lindsey Opens Up About Taking a Knee After NFL National Anthem
- Luke Bryan Joins ‘American Idol’ Reboot
- Carrie Underwood, Dolly Parton & Vince Gill Honor Reba McEntire
- Luke Bryan Is Officially A Judge On American Idol
- LoCash At The Medina Entertainment Center
- Stars And Strings 2017 Lineup Announced!