Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- You Aren’t Alone When You Panic When Your Phone’s Battery Dips Below 20%
- Wait, Someone Stole What?!
- Lady Antebellum to Host ’10th Annual ACM Honors’ on CBS
- Little Big Town Tap Pharrell to Produce Next Album ‘Wanderlust’
- Chewbacca Mom Gets a Lesson from J.J. Abrams: Watch
- Photos: BUZ’N Live! Adam Craig
- Vince Gill: ‘I Owe Country Music the Majority of My Success’
- Win Tickets To #BUZNBreakingNow On June 3rd!
- Win Zac Brown Tickets In The First 5 Rows!
- Tree Town Music Festival Tickets!
- Win Certificates For $30 Of No Name Butcher Quality Meats
- Blake Shelton on ‘The Ups and Downs’ of the Past Year
- Garth Brooks on His Yankee Stadium Show: ‘Hope the Weather’s Good!’
- Old Dominion and TJ
- This Is The Most Embarrassing Jersey To Own From Every Team