Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Carrie Underwood Celebrates National Dog Day
- Win A Grand Prize Trip To Hawaii Or Ultimate Camping Package
- 5 Best Songs on Florida Georgia Line’s ‘Dig Your Roots’
- Taylor Swift Wishes Blake Lively Happy Birthday, Koala Style
- Miranda Lambert will Meet the Soldier Whose Sign Made Her Cry
- Florida Georgia Line Play Musical Beers
- Impact: Florida Georgia Line Dig Their Roots
- Miranda Lambert Introduces Anderson East to Audience
- Dolly Parton Ate Fast Food for 50th Anniversary
- Alan Jackson Is Opening His Very Own Honky Tonk In Nashville
- Is Sam Hunt Dating Someone?
- Watch: Florida Georgia Line Performs “H.O.L.Y.” On Good Morning America
- Is Beer Better In A Bottle Or Can?
- Teacher Isn’t Assigning Homework This Year
- Watch: Drake White Performs On Good Morning America