‘The Voice’ Season 2 Scores Big Ratings Following Super Bowl, Watch Performance Highlights Here
Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Kenny Chesney Announces 2015 ‘Big Revival’ Tour
- Like BUZ’N, Win Garth Brooks Tickets!
- Florida Georgia Line’s ‘Anything Goes’ Hits No. 1
- It’s A MammoJam Winning Weekend
- New Music to Know: Sam Hunt Combines His Love For Usher & Steve Earle on Debut ‘Montevallo’
- Shania Twain Says New Album is In the Works
- Jason Aldean, Bob Seger to Team Up for ‘CMT Crossroads’
- Keith Urban, Luke Bryan Among CMT Artist of the Year Honorees
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Sara Evans to Release Holiday Album ‘At Christmas’
- Brantley Gilbert Engaged
- Trisha Yearwood, Phillip Phillips, Little Big Town & Carlos Santana to Perform at MLB World Series
- Little Big Town On Grand Ole Opry Induction: ‘It Was Surreal’
- Watch Kelly Clarkson Cover Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me’
- Nashville Songwriter Paul Craft Dead at 76