Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Casey Donahew at Studio B Skyway Theatre
- Beyoncé’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Rejected for Country GRAMMY: Report
- Brett Young almost ditched the cab!
- Kenny Chesney Fans Buy 106,000 Tickets in Just Hours
- GRAMMY Nominations: 7 Bizarre Matchups
- Jason Aldean on ‘Any Ol’ Barstool’: ‘It Brings Me Back to My Country Roots’
- Josh Abbott Band at Studio B Skyway Theatre
- LeAnn Rimes to Release New Album ‘Remnants’ in 2017
- It’s Not Christmas In Minnesota Until You Do One Of These 12 Things
- Artists React to GRAMMY Nominations
- Who is Sturgill Simpson?
- GRAMMY Nominees 2017: See the List
- Top 5 MN Instagram Spots
- Martina McBride at State Theatre
- Watch: You Won’t Be Able To Watch This Video Just Once