Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Jon Pardi Mill City Nights
- Dixie Chicks MN State Fair Show Two
- Dixie Chicks Tickets!
- Total Snow amounts, Twin Cities beats the rest of the Country – AGAIN + More
- Win A Copy Of “No Escape”!
- Win A Copy Of “Now That’s What I Call Country Christmas”
- Win Timberwolves College Night Tickets!
- Watch: Here Are the How-To Videos For Everything You Need To Cook On Thanksgiving
- Granger Smith ‘Backroad’ Warrior
- Clint Black to Embark on 12-City Christmas Tour
- Carrie Underwood Works Out with Baby Isaiah
- Cole Swindell Pre-Party Text-To-Win!
- Celebrate the Season with #GivingTuesday
- Chris Janson on ‘Buy Me a Boat,’ Tim McGraw and His Guns N Roses Connection
- Minnesota Wild Unveil Their Stadium Series Jerseys