Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Dolly Parton To Release New Album ‘Blue Smoke’ In 2014
- Garth Brooks Announces 2014 World Tour
- TJ’s Trash: Kelly Clarkson is Hilarious on Ellen!
- Win A Six Foot Sub From Subway
- It’s The 12 Days of Keith-mas
- Win Luke Bryan Tickets!
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- PHOTOS Dan + Shay Live! At BUZ’N
- Inside The Music Of ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’: A 1960s Folk Primer
- George Strait Sells Out The Final Show on His ‘Cowboy Rides Away’ Tour
- Watch Carrie Underwood ‘Sound of Music’ Highlights
- Dolly Parton Announces U.S. Dates On Her ‘Blue Smoke World Tour’
- Luke Bryan Minnesota Show On Sale Info!
- The Ladies Room: Deer Rescue!