Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Taylor Swift Nearly Kicked Out of Coachella for Dancing Too Hard
- Keith Urban Talks Nicole Kidman, Nashville Scene
- Blake Shelton Defends Beyoncé’s Country Tune ‘Daddy Lesson’
- Rory Feek Opens Up in His First Interview Since Joey’s Passing
- Randy Houser Marries Tatiana Starzynski
- Watch: Dan + Shay’s New Music Video For “Already Ready”
- Watch: Bee Pulls Nail Out Of A Brick Wall
- Magic Mike Live Is Coming To Las Vegas
- Check out my Flower Power coming together
- Sam Hunt Says A Rapper Pitched Him Songs For His Next Album
- Watch: Kenny Chesney’s New Music Video For “Noise”
- Watch: Bald Eagle Steals A Guy’s Fish As He Reels It In
- Watch: This Guys Feeds Marshmallows To An Alligator With His Bare Hands
- The Average Woman Has This Many Things In Her Closet
- Eric Church Got An Awesome Cake For His Birthday!