Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Cam Marries Adam Weaver
- Watch: Epic Mother And Son Wedding Dance
- Jeff Dunham at Target Center
- Win Tickets To Country 4 A Cause!
- Watch: Deer’s Reaction To Leaf Blower Is Priceless
- Just Announced! Country 4 A Cause
- Someone threw a hammock…errrr Bra at Blake in Fargo
- Win Tickets To See David Nail
- Win Tickets To See Maddie & Tae
- Win Tickets To See Thompson Square!
- Win Tickets To See Justin Moore!
- Win Pit Tickets To See Justin Moore
- Kid Rock Loves Hillary Clinton on ‘Between Two Ferns’
- Chris Stapleton, Jason Isbell Win Big at AmericanaFest
- More Tree Town 2017 Artists Announced!