Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Win Firefest Tickets!
- Win A Copy Of David Nail’s New Album And A Signed Poster
- Win A Subway Party Platter
- David Nail of the Evolution of His ‘Baby-Making’ Album
- LAST CHANCE Boarding Passes to “Jake on the Lake”!
- Watch: Randy Houser Surprises Couple At Their Country Backyard Wedding
- Listen: Jake Owen Releases Title Track From His New Album “American Love”
- Watch: Chris Janson Sang A Different Form Of “Truck Yeah”
- This Grandma Is Better Than Your Grandma
- Key To A Happy Relationship….Get Drunk Together
- Don’t watch this faceplant
- Jagerbomb world record
- Tyler Hubbard From Florida Georgia Line Is Done With Social Media
- A Teen May Take Legal Action After She Didn’t Make The Team
- Life Hack: Broken wipers + some Yarn