Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Win BUZ’N Half DUZ’N Meet and Greet Monday!
- John Mellencamp Announces New Album ‘Sad Clowns and Hillbillies’
- Brett Eldredge Releases Happy-Go-Lucky Single ‘Somethin’ I’m Good At’
- Carrie Underwood & Husband Mike Fisher Join Fight to End Modern Slavery
- Carrie Underwood Duets with Son Isaiah on ‘Jesus Loves Me’
- IMPACT: Little Big Town’s ‘The Breaker’
- Florida Georgia Line Announce Tour with Nelly, Chris Lane
- Win Tickets to the Minneapolis Home + Garden Show
- Watch: Jason Aldean And His Wife Brittany Answer Fans Questions
- Eric Church Fights Scalping Bots by Canceling 25,000 Fraudulently Purchased Tickets
- Florida Georgia Line, Backstreet Boys Drop ‘God, Your Mama and Me’ Video
- Adele, Dolly Parton, Old Crow Medicine Show Contribute to Brandi Carlile’s ‘Cover Stories’ Album
- Blake Shelton Takes Gwen Stefani & Kids on Helicopter Ride
- Win Tickets to a Timberwolves College Night Game!
- Win Tickets to see Granger Smith!